KNOXVILLE (ETSPJ) – Find out where your legislators stand — over a buffet lunch. Our annual Legislative Preview and Luncheon is an opportunity to engage with local state legislators and hear about priorities for the upcoming legislative session.
The luncheon is Saturday, Jan. 14, at Bearden Banquet Hall located at 5806 Kingston Pike, next to Buddy’s BBQ. Doors will open at 11:30 a.m., serving line starts at 11:45 a.m., and we’ll get the program underway by noon.
Journalists and the public can submit questions to a panel of legislators. WATE 6 On Your Side Anchor Kristin Farley will host the luncheon.
Confirmed legislators include:
- Sen. Richard Briggs (R-Knoxville)
- Rep. Harry Brooks (R-Knoxville)
- Rep. Martin Daniel (R-Knoxville)
- Sen. Becky Duncan Massey (R-Knoxville)
- Rep. Bill Dunn (R-Knoxville)
- Rep. Roger Kane (R-Knoxville)
- Rep. Jimmy Matlock (R-Lenoir City)
- Sen. Randy McNally (R-Oak Ridge)
- Rep. Bob Ramsey (R-Maryville)
- Rep. Eddie Smith(R-Knoxville)
- Rep. Rick Staples (D-Knoxville)
- Sen. Ken Yager (R-Kingston)
- Rep. Jason Zachary (R-Knoxville)
Cost for the lunch is $15 in advance for SPJ members; $18 in advance for non-SPJ members; and $20 at the door.
The event is open to the public, but reservations are required for lunch. Please click here to purchase your lunch ticket in advance.